Mission, Vision, and Values
“Protect, Serve and Educate”
The Mission Statement is designed to describe the organization’s general purpose.
MISSION: Spokane County Fire District No. 8 District Strives to . . .
- Protect – to defend or guard from danger or loss
- Serve – to render assistance or to answer to the needs of another
- Educate – to provide useful knowledge or training
The Vision Statements establish for the District, targets of excellence for the future.
- Share information through increased communication to the public in order to create a more community focused organization and improved public confidence
- Deploy resources effectively to deliver highly trained and qualified personnel
- Maintain effective business practices to remain excellent stewards of public funds through intelligent fiscal decision-making
- Exceed safety standards for tools, equipment, technology, and facilities
- Strengthen internal department relationships through enhanced communication (interpersonal), and strong teamwork
- Maintain a strong volunteer system through active recruitment, recognition and incentives
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with other public agencies
- Cultivate a strong emergency medical service delivery system
- Strengthen the agency through support, trust and empowerment of its employees
- Promote highly trained personnel through professional development.
The value statements establish a set of principles to guide the organization and it’s members in their decision-making and behaviors to enhance the organization and the community it serves.
VALUES: Spokane County Fire District No. 8 values . . .
- Responsible decision making and demands high ethical standards
- Personal and professional accountability at all levels of the organization
- Showing courtesy and respect to every customer that we come in contact with both Internal and External.
- Each member’s experience, knowledge, competency, cooperation, and positive attitude
- The importance of maintaining equipment and facilities at optimum levels
- Honesty, integrity and leadership in all members
- And appreciates the dedication and commitment of all members
- And respects the customer’s opinions, feelings, diversity, and feedback
- The integrity of the chain of command
- The required time and tools to effectively and efficiently do our jobs
- The importance of balancing individual and family needs with the growth and needs of the district.